Thursday, June 29, 2006

Let's get caught up

Today was the first day without games since the tournament started, so it was a welcome sigh of relief not to have to plan my schedule around the World Cup. Ah, who am I kidding? I can't wait until Friday.

First off, some predictions: Germany tops Argentina, bringing the streets of Munich to absolute bedlam; Italy bores to death and beats Ukraine; Brazil beats France, France's coach still couldn't be more French-looking (and annoying to boot); England beats Portugal.

That's right. I said it. England beats Portugal! Well, I won't stake my life on it, but somehow England's route one, conservative, unwatchable at times football (that's right, I said it, "football") will actually advance. Here's why:


Off the pitch, it's been incredible seeing Germany....well, their soccer stores are amazing. I just purchased my jersey for the trip, a Puma Angola jersey! It's adorned with the number 10 and name "Akwa." I have no affiliation with Angola (aside from being a really fresh white boy), but they have one of the most original and coolest jerseys in the tournament. The name and number font is a fresh alternative to awful adidas lettering, and incredibly detailed. A work of art. Can't wait until South Africa 2010!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home